What do you think I should do?

The new year is a new start for many people. It was for me until a few year ago. Now the new year is a constant reminder of how fast the kids are growing up. For me, this starts on the second day of the year where my niece turns older. A few weeks later, my daughter turns older.

The brats are turning six this year. When I asked my daughter about what she was getting as a birthday gift for her sister (cousin), little did I expect to have a long grown-up talk with her. The conversation also reaffirmed the popular advice given to parents. Be careful while talking in front of kids as they listen more carefully than adults. Now I know for sure.

My daughter had three items shortlisted as gifts. According to me, that was a long list. Not only did she mentioned the items but also provided all details about each one. When she finished, I asked, "Which one are you going to get?". She told me her choice and added, "I heard her asking her dad for this. So I think I should get it for her".

Until this point, I underwent many emotion ranging from awe to pride. But the next statement in the form of a question brought a new emotion in me. Panic. She turned around the conversation swiftly with one question. "So, what do you think I should do?". From a listener, she wanted me to be a participant. It was a woman talking and not a child.



Comments

  1. Nice post. Very subtle. How she involved you in the decision...good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best to you and your brats as they journey into the conditioned world of adults!! Was fun reading. Can imagine your surprise to see your kids grow so fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Subho for dropping by. I am glad you enjoyed reading it. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment