I'm fat!

She really knows how to make a face. She raises her eyebrows, narrows her eyes, looks intensely and also makes a weird gesture with her lips. This is when she is looking at her pictures on the iPad. At the end of this exercise, she mostly says without hesitation. "I don't like this". Then with some luck, she stops at a picture and says happily, "I like it".

This is the same kind of response I get while shopping for clothes. Be it for her or for her mom, she makes a face before giving her verdict. This is all fine with me. What cracked me up was something else. She looks at the mirror on the wall. She looks at herself from various angles and says "I'm fat". I didn't know how to react. Believe me, she is nowhere near fat. After being unwell last week, she lost all the adipose tissues gained from the brief visit of her grandparents.

Now, the big question is if she is really 6 or a grown up. The big mystery for her is when. When is she going to turn 8 years old ? She wants to grow up. According to me, she is already growing up too fast.

Tags: Parenthood,6,Fat


Comments

  1. They grow pretty fast ,specially daughters:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... love that attitude.. sure she has a mind of her own. How we wish we could hold them where they are, however each stage is beautiful isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each stage is beautiful. At the same time, very short too. ;)

      Delete
  3. LOL! I thought you are talking about your wife! Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids nowadays are so different ... too self conscious. But it is kind of cute when a six year old does that LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have written about this. I can show her when she is really a grown up.

      Delete
  5. lovely post...
    well its always nice to see their perception towards everything around us... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute. :) I agree.. girls do grow up pretty fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha I ant stop laughing since you have just penned few of my thoughts. I have been lamenting that my only daughter who is just 8 at times behaves like a teenager:-)I-pad, phew- its not mine- it's only hers!
    its really a phase we will enjoy with them. The time will not return and this is time we can give them our best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you for sharing your experiences and thoughts. Luckily for me, my daughter knows what is mine and she doesn't trespass. But she asks me permission to use those.

      Delete
  8. Such a cute post!!

    Tell her she is the best, whichever way she is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! OMg my girl is almost 6 and i cant imagine the her being like that

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment