Who is lazy?

The brat is back in my life. I'm glad. She had not only become wiser but also has grown tall; taller than what I thought her to be. Becoming older and wiser has also turned her immune to many of my incessant demands for helping me and her mom to keep the house clean. So the other day, I tried to instill some respect for my demands and also get some laziness out of her in my own way. I decided to reason with her.

Me:*adopting a serious tone* Do you know you have changed a lot?

Daughter:*playfully* Doh! Of course. I am 8 now.

Me:*ignoring her attempt to diffuse my message and continuing in a serious tone* When you were small, you used to do a lot of things for me.

Daughter:*listening yet distant*

Me:*in a nearly melancholic tone* You used to take the empty tea cups to the kitchen once I had finished drinking tea. Now a days, you never do that or anything I ask you to. Earlier I never had to do this. You have become lazy now.

Daughter:*jumps up excited* That means you were lazy earlier!!!


-->

Comments

  1. :) Catching up with her will make me young!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! More such treats & gems in store :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure there will be a lot to write about.

      Delete
  3. Ah ah ah, caught to your own game ^_^ Smart girl !

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ROFL!!!
    Welcome back Acha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonder where she gets it from... Has to be the other side of dna :-P

      I still am laughing...

      Delete
    2. You don't have to look harder. It is this side of the DNA. :)

      Delete
  5. Ha, ha...kids! They sure can spring up such surprises that can sweep you off your feet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True and sometimes they can also make you tear your hair out. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment