Ready for some shame busting?

While waiting for my train at the Reading train station, I noticed a man in shorts, pullovers and sneakers gyrating to nothing. His movements are a cross between a boxer who is shifting impatiently from one foot to another while planning the next attack plan and a dancer who is swaying to hip-hop music. If you look at him closely, he will come across as a person who is on his way to work. Instead of wearing a business suit, he chose to wear very casual clothes for commuting while keeping all the formal wear tucked in his backpack. So what is he doing there? 

It is a question that doesn't have an answer. Primarily, I didn't take the trouble to ask him. Believe me. If you had seen his ecstatic face while his body contorted in a strange motion, you also would not like to interrupt him. Is this one of shame busting technique? If you are not aware of shame busting, then here is a primer on it. Most of us are shy when it comes to public speaking. We fear prying eyes and judging minds. So what is the easiest way to overcome this? Force yourself to speak in public. It could be as simple as getting up in the bus and announcing the next stop along with the attraction nearby. You may look stupid. But the acts make you overcome your fear.

Ready to try out it out? The next stop is Didcot Parkway. But wait! I do not know anything about this place. Oh my god! Somebody! Help me?! Now that I have announced the destination, everyone in this train is looking at me. What do I do now?

Tags: Musings,Shame,Public Speaking

Comments

  1. Lol, nice post... Really liked the shame busting thing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good technique or method. But it still requires courage to try it out. :)

      Delete
  2. I have heard about this technique...didn't this is what it's called :)
    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know what this is called, are you going to try it out? :)

      Delete
    2. I have tried while in college! It was AN EXPERIENCE! That's how I got into theater in college :)

      Delete
    3. So you are the only one who has commented on this blog post and have done this in real life! :) Congratulations

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I like the "shame busting" technique, though I don't think I can gather my guts to stand up in the middle of a crowded train and make an announcement, even if it's just the approaching station!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said earlier to another comment, it takes a lot of courage to get up. :)

      Delete
  4. Nice technique and you've described it in an enjoyable manner... and indeed it takes a lot to stand up and speak out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. Are you ready to do some shame busting? :)

      Delete

Post a Comment